Patch 1.2 Is Live!
The latest patch for Warhammer 40,000: Regicide is officially live!
The new patch includes new Maps, the Raven Guard and Snakebites factions and even more glorious gore so you can see your being enemies utterly decimated.
Also, if you don't spend initiative points during your turn you will keep them in your next turn! We refer to this as IP Retention. You can now save up to spend five Initiative Points in a single turn.
This patch also includes the long awaited HOTSEAT mode. Hotseat is a local multiplayer mode where two people alternate between playing the game. So called because players will jump in and out of the playing seat.
Multiplayer now has an inbuilt timer in order to prevent some shadier players forcing you to wait forever or forfeit the game, all random online matches are now timed so no more skipping out!
We just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to you all for providing so much feedback and support, we're proud to have such an incredible community backing us and - most importantly, the game!
If you've not yet purchased the game it is available in Early Access through the Steam Store here for Windows. We hope you enjoy playing this game as much as we enjoy working on it!
- Raven Guard Space Marine Chapter
- Snake Bites Ork Clan
- The Ancient Forest Environment
- Multiple daytime settings
- Hotseat Mode (two people on the same machine)
- LIVE multiplayer with countdown timers!
- New AI with double the strength of previous iterations
- Huge audio update
- Significant Updates to Play vs Friends
- Updated Rook and King animations (all races).
- Assorted moveset fixes.
- Updated Life Leech animation.
- Noticeable delay between animations removed.
- Space Marine Terminator barrel spin fixes.
- Various sequence sound effect updates.
- 45 'capture' sequence updates.
- Updated footstep sounds.
- Weapon fire (abilities) increased falloff radius.
- White Scars activation bug fixed - users who created their accounts after Update 1.1 were not given access to this content. This should now be resolved for all users.
- Exception no longer occurs on the loading screen after accepting a challenge.
- Loading screen appears correctly in the larger 16:10 resolutions up to 1920 x 1200.
- King Kill is now triggered at the end of the Classic tutorial.
- Error message now occurs when opening the Librarium outside of Steam (if it cannot open it in a browser or when playing offline).
- Exception no longer occurs after returning to the main menu while on the "Host or Join New Game" Multiplayer menu
- Health bars are no longer on by default in Classic Chess matches or in the Classic Tutorial (though these can still be toggled on using the menu button)
- Labels are now present on the tabs in the Options menu while in the Multiplayer menu
- 16:10 letterbox effect is now present when completing a Tutorial and returning to the Tutorial menu
- Hotkeys have now been disabled in the Regicide tutorial so that they no longer break the tutorial flow
- Orks are no longer automatically selected in the Join Game screen when challenging a friend
- Skirmish tooltip has been updated so that it mentions playing against a guest
- Opening the Options menu in the Skirmish and Multiplayer menus no longer causes the menu icons and text to overlap
- Exception no longer occurs on the Victory splash screen when completing the Regicide Tutorial
- Exception no longer occurs when saving and quitting out of a Regicide match without taking a turn
- Regicide Tutorial no longer references the Player Ability panel
- Exceptions no longer occur when quitting out of a Multiplayer match as the opponent finishes moving
- Tile reference annotation is no longer upside down when playing as black in Multiplayer matches
- Accepting a challenge when the challenger has already resigned from the match no longer leaves the match open
- Game no longer freezes when rejoining a completed match
- Double-clicking a completed match no longer opens an unresponsive new game
- Top right bunker wall light can no longer be seen through the wall
- Players are no longer able to select menu buttons when quitting the game from the Main Menu
- Resigning from a Tutorial now shows a tutorial-specific resign message
- Pin effect abilities no longer act differently depending on White/Black: it now lasts for one turn for both sides
- Exception no longer occurs when attempting to load into a declined challenge match that had already been cancelled
- Exception no longer occurs when the player leaves the difficulty drop down box open in the Skirmish menu and returns to the Main Menu
- Clicking the close button in the right panel of the Skirmish menu when the Unit panel is open no longer causes it to overlap with the matches panel
- Tutorial questions now appear as soon as the player resets the Camera and HUD tutorials in the Settings menu
- Tutorial questions now appear when resetting the Camera and HUD tutorials while playing offline
- Highlight around the Initiative Point counter and There Is Only War ability are no longer misaligned in the Regicide Tutorial
- Factions no longer overlap each other in the Multiplayer menu drop down boxes after switching races
- Multiplayer timers now update correctly when loading back into a match
- Segments around the timer now continue to animate while it is the Initiative Phase to show that the timer is still counting
- Segments around the opponent's timer now animate while it is their turn - timer is then updated after they have moved or used an ability
- Opponent's profile icon is now shown in Multiplayer matches
- Exception no longer occurs leaving the Multiplayer menu before the match list was fully populated
- Various animation fixes to fix pops and sliding.
- Clawed Fiend of the Donorian Sector ‘removed’. No further details available.
Codex Engine V508
- Ability Points/Initiative Points now accumulate up to 5.
- Unused Initiative points carry over into subsequent turns.
- Critical hit chance is now Additive rather than multiplicative
- Base critical hit chance reduced to 0%
- Critical damage multiplier is reduced to 1.5 from 2
- Draw now occurs in Classic Chess after fifty consecutive moves without moving a Pawn or capturing a piece
- Threefold repetition rule now ends Classic Chess matches in a Draw
- Considerable revamp of Classic engine produces playing strengths up to twice as high as the former public version.
- Increased the IP Cost of Thunderfire / Mekgun Bombard from 3 to 5.
- Decreased the Warm-up of Thunderfire / Mekgun Bombard from 10 to 5.
- Increased the Cooldown of Armour Of Contempt / Orks! Orks! Orks! from 5 to 6.
- Decreased the Duration of Assail / Squig Bomb from 2 turns to 1 turn.
- Increased the Cooldown of Assail / Squig Bomb from 5 to 6.
- Decreased the IP Cost of Unyielding from 3 to 2.
- Increased the Duration of Unyielding from 2 to 4
- Decreased the Duration of Pin Them Down from 2 turns to 1 turn.
- Decreased the IP Cost of LifeLeech from 2 to 1
- Decreased Iron Gob Critical Hit Multiplier to 100% from over 9000.
- Decreased the chance and shield will generate from Gok'll Fix It from 75% to 50%.
- Lighting tweaks for all environments.
- 'Ancient Forest' environment added.
- Time-of-day presets available for new environment.
- Bolters/heavy cannons now have custom impacts.
- Orks and Space Marines now have unique grenade effects
- Improved grenade effects. 2x bigger effect with tweaked initial flash.
- Stormboy jetpack smoke is now fainter
- Reduced Ork Weirdboy's 'haze' effect
- Ejected cartridges now operate properly in ability sequences.
- Brain meshes removed from all gibs.
Effect sequence feedback updates:
comments powered by
- Added laser magnet to Ork Bishop to resolve aiming issues
- Ork Qn vs Ork Rk - Weirdboy plasma energy now emits from mouth
- Sm Kn vs Sm Bp - Improved blood when chainsword is pulled from Bp's neck
- Sm Qn vs Sm Pn - removed orange gib flash upon detonation\n
- Sm Qn vs Sm Rk - added blood boil steam effect